At Alfresco by Paul Burd, we aren’t just landscape design experts; we’re also fully equipped to offer professional and effective landscape maintenance services as well. We offer a wide variety of landscape maintenance options, designed specifically for every season in order to make sure your design looks its best year-round. Our seasonal list of services includes the following:
Cut back perennials
- Basic cutting back of perennial plants and flowers to maintain a healthy, attractive appearance.
Prune any evergreens on the property
- Basic pruning services to retain your evergreens’ healthy appearance.
Clean up plant bed edges
- Trimming and tidying of plant bed edges to maintain an attractive, ordered presentation.
Application of pre-emergent herbicide for weed control
- We take a preemptive approach to weed management, preventing their growth before they even have a chance to emerge.
Fertilization of all ornamental trees, shrubs and ground covers on the property
- We fertilize all plant life that is part of your landscape design to ensure healthy growth throughout the spring and summer months.
Application of fresh layers of hardwood shredded bark
- We put down fresh mulch to guarantee the well-being of your landscape’s plants.
Deadhead flowering perennials
- We keep landscape flowers looking their best by pinching and pruning them to achieve the best possible presentation.
Prune all spring flowering plants and trees as needed
- Pruning keeps flowering plants and trees healthy and well-maintained. Our team is fully equipped to provide expert pruning services as spring comes into bloom.
Weed control by means of cultivation, by hand or herbicide application
- We’re equipped to control weeds in any way, depending on the situation – including herbicide application in larger spaces, and hand weeding in smaller, more delicate areas.
Check for pests or diseases that may have serious implications for the health of the plants
- Early detection of pests and diseases can make all the difference when trying to keep plants nourished and healthy.
Fall & Winter
Leaf cleanup and removal
- Our team rakes up all leaves in your landscape and removes them, allowing your property to maintain a well-kept appearance throughout the fall.
Fall tree fertilization
- It’s important to make sure your trees are healthy going into the cold winter months. Fertilizing trees in the fall readies them for harsh conditions, and prepares them for the following spring.
Fertilization of evergreens and semi-evergreen shrubs
- Because of their reputation for endurance, it can be easy to forget that evergreens need maintenance, too. We fertilize all evergreens and semi-evergreen shrubs in a landscape to keep them healthy and strong throughout the cold months.
Protection of trees and shrubs from deer
- Deer populations make themselves known as the weather gets colder, and their search for food brings them closer to human populations. We apply protection, including pest repellant, that keeps deer away and your landscape looking beautiful.
Spray evergreens with anti-transpirant to avoid drying
- Anti-transpirant application keeps evergreens hydrated and healthy, and maintains a nourished appearance through the fall and winter.
Prune dormant trees
- Dormant trees benefit from pruning as much as active ones. We offer this service to ensure their continued health.